Today, I’m excited to give you the final edition of my 3-part series, Swing into Shape: 4 Weeks – Summer Fit.
Check out Part 3 below – we top the program off with easy diet and nutrition guidelines that will make the difference.
You also get instructions on how every single one of you can complete this program in the gym, at home (benefiting from a special offer on home workout equipment if you don’t have the minimal equipment you need already) or with no equipment at all*.
Easy Diet and Nutrition Guidelines
I don’t believe in restrictive diets. I believe in fuelling your body in a healthy way that allows you to enjoy food and life.
This traffic light guide (from W10 Performance, an awesome gym I trained at) makes a lot of sense. When completing the Swing into Shape program, try to:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat plenty of fruit and veg (different colours and a wide variety).
- Eat an adequate amount of protein and rotate your sources.
- Eat fibre-rich foods.
- Make sure you eat some good fats such as those found in grass-fed butter, coconut oil, nuts, seeds and avocados.
- Reduce or eliminate your intake of booze and processed food.
Pick only one of the healthy habits below that you’ll commit to following every day in Week 1. Then, each week, build on your previous weeks’ success by adding in just one new healthy habit each week.
If by the end of Week 4, you’re consistently achieving each of your simple and effective healthy habits at least 80% of the time, you’ll notice rapid and dramatic improvements in your health, physique and conditioning.
As I often say, results depend on effort, determination, commitment and consistency.
Healthy Diet & Nutrition Habits:
- Drink 2 litres of water per day (I make sure I have at least 4 refills of a 500ml bottle) and drink green tea and black coffee in the morning. These speed up your metabolism, enhance the chemical reactions in your body and help your mental clarity.
- Ensure you take in carbohydrates every day, but don’t overdo it. Try and have carbs around your workout period (2 hours before, during, and 1 hour after exercise). This helps decrease fat storage and control your hormone insulin, while still giving your body the fuel it needs to train and recover properly. Brown rice, sweet potato, oats and quinoa are great sources.
- Eat a source of protein with each meal (meat, fish, poultry, eggs, nuts and seeds). If you can consume a good quality, lean protein shake after training, even better. This helps you repair, preserve and improve muscle mass and recover from training – this is vital; keeping lean muscle is what fires up your metabolism to burn fat.
- Consume plenty of fruit and veg to get important vitamins and minerals and speed up the chemical and fat burning reactions in your body.
- Up your intake of good fat – avocados, nuts and seeds, oily fish, good quality olive and coconut oil are great. Consider a supplement such as fish oil. The more good fat you eat (high density, artery / vein clearing, not low density, artery / vein clogging like saturated fat), the more bad fat you burn off.
- Lower your intake of booze and processed food. If you enjoy the odd drink, check out this great guide of the best choices to make. Use your common sense to cut out the crap (soft drinks/refined sugar, biscuits/cakes, chocolate, sweets, crisps, fast/pre-packaged food, etc.) By the way, I LOVE indulging in my favourite foods and drinks. It’s important to, every so often. Eat/drink healthily at least 80% of the time. You’ll then enjoy your favourites without worrying about it (cooked breakfast is my speciality; big burgers, heaped pizzas and cheesy pastas always go down a treat).
- Start taking a daily multi-vitamin and Vitamin D supplement. These are a great ‘insurance policy’ that ensure you’re getting at least the minimum recommended amount of all the key vitamins and minerals you need.
My clients have access to a database of over 60 quick, easy, healthy breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, smoothies and treats. These make it even easier to eat well and let you know exactly how much of each macronutrient (protein, carbs, fat) you’re taking in. This also gives you comfort that everything you’re eating is RHP-approved, healthy and tasty.
Simple and Convenient
The beauty of the Swing into Shape program is that it’s quick, effective, and can be done virtually anywhere and adapted to your needs or equipment availability.
For those wanting to purchase equipment to help them complete the Swing into Shape program, benefit from Results Health & Performance’s partnership with renowned gym equipment supplier, gymequipment.co.uk. I only recommend kit from people I trust, that I use myself and will be useful to you for life.
Use the discount code RHPBENEFITS to get priority service on your order or contact the company and ask for Russell, quoting RHPBENEFITS and he will hook you up. My current clients get a further benefit of a 5% discount for any equipment that will support them achieving their goals when they are not training with me at RHP in person.
Here’s the essential kit I recommend:
Kettlebell (16kg for ladies, 24kg for men):
Foam Roller (for self-massage to get rid of aches and pains):
Resistance Band (beginner, intermediate and advanced options):
Home Power Tower (for Chin Ups, Dips and much more):
Here’s a tip – get competitive and set a challenge with your friends to see who can make the best changes in 4 weeks; you’ll be amazed at the accountability this gives you!
Then, congratulate yourself for actually finishing a program. That’s rare in today’s world.
You are now in extraordinarily better shape than you were four or five weeks ago. Your training should be poised to take off.
To get your hands on all 3 parts of the Swing into Shape series combined in one, comprehensive manual, click here to download the entire manual completely for free. This includes full program design, video instructions, easy diet and nutrition guidelines and a special offer on home workout equipment if you need it. You can benefit from Results Health & Performance’s partnership with renowned gym equipment supplier, gymequipment.co.uk.
Do you think Personal Training at Results Health & Performance can take your Health, Physique Transformation or Sports Conditioning Results to the next level? If you do, contact me or click now to find out about RHP’s One-Week All-Access Free Trial and Results Membership options.
Thanks for reading; if you like it, ‘like’ it and share with people you know would benefit and be interested.
Swing away folks – see you soon.
*apart from your trusty ‘bell of course